“Don’t get me wrong. I love football; I think it is a great sport. But there’s something about baseball, something magical, that will always make it America’s sport, America’s pastime.” – Micah Chen
We live in a time where almost everyone plays a sport (or a few) … but nothing signals a farewell to winter more than young boys and girls returning to Little League fields, swinging for the fences and chasing their dreams of making it to the Big Leagues.
Who doesn’t love the sound of a bat meeting ball and the roar of the crowd? Whose heart doesn’t melt at the sight of tiny players running around in oversized uniforms? Who can resist the smell of food coming from the concession stand?
If your child will be hitting the field this season, we have a few ideas to help baseball moms survive their day, night or weekends at the ballpark.
First, you will need a bag for your gear! Make sure it’s large because you will need plenty of room.
- If you have siblings tagging along to watch the game, the bag can hold toys to keep them occupied or a change of clothes if they have a little too much fun in that baseball dirt.
- You will also need sunscreen, a hat to shade you from the scorching sun, a towel to wipe off wet bleachers on rainy game days, and extra clothes in case the weather suddenly changes on you.
- Leave a little extra room in case your little slugger decides he doesn’t feel like carrying his glove or hat after the game!
Don’t forget, you will also need a cooler for refreshments or team snacks…
- If it’s your lucky week to bring snacks for the players, don’t forget (this can be crushing for players who only look forward to the postgame treats)!
- If it’s just another regular day you will definitely need water and snacks. This helps you to spend less time and money at the concession stand.
Everyone needs to dress for the game!
- Mom: A baseball cap; if these aren’t your style, try one of our Sun Hats.
- Siblings: Will need cute and bright t-shirts so you can keep your eye on them from across the field.
- Babies: If you have a newborn that’s already a fan, this onesie is perfect!
Finally, have fun!
And remember, we’re here to help you hit a home run.
So, take Tweed out to the ballgame, take Tweed out to the crowd … (You can even buy us some peanuts and Cracker Jacks!!!)