With Fall finally upon us, many people are gearing up for football and tailgating! Do you need a little extra help getting ready for game day? Tweed has some essentials that will make you and your tailgate spot stand out this season!
- Dress for the event!! Dressing up for games might not be for everyone but if you take as much pride in what you wear as the players on the field, we have tons of Game Day items for you! From ponchos, gloves, boot cuffs, clutches, necklaces and
bangles you will be able to show off your team spirit in style this year! If dressing fancy isn’t for you, make sure you at least have on your team colors – t-shirts, jerseys, and sweatshirts are always a FANtastic go to outfit!
- Plan your menu and prep the day before! Make sure to keep it simple and easy to transport. There are so many delicious tailgating foods you can make – but one of our favorites is a yummy dip!
- Make a list of items that you need. This includes food on the menu, plates, utensils, towels and lots of drinks. But don’t forget the items that will make your tailgate special! We have collegiate plates, platters (mascot, tailgate, AND stadium), three & four section dishes, chip & dip plates, and coozies that will make your tailgate spot stand out. Don’t forget to keep your drinks cool with these big gulps and stemless wine glasses – you can even put your monogram on them!
- Arrive at least 4 to 5 hours before the game starts and plan to stay at least an hour after the game for clean up! The bigger the crowd, the earlier you should arrive. Football season passes too quickly, so make the most of each game!
- Find the best parking spot. Parking on the end of a row gives you lots of room for games and socializing.
- Fly a flag and tell your friends to look for it. Remember the more the merrier! Cute garden and house flags can be used for tailgates too!
- Decorate your car and tailgate area with football initial hangers, team décor, and other team colored items
- Meet your neighbors. Play games, talk sports, and enjoy each other’s food. This is a great opportunity to make new friends and get new recipes for the next game!
- Make sure the food is ready 3 to 4 hours before the game starts. This leaves time for clean up before you go into the game!
- Clean up anything that you left out before you went inside the stadium and start thinking about how to make your tailgate even better next week!
So dress to impress, eat lots of delicious food, cheer on your favorite team, and enjoy time with friends and family at tailgates this Fall! But, remember, it’s not whether your team wins or loses, but how you play before and after the game!